Hybridge full arch dental implants in Denville, NJ are life-changing for many patients needing full-arch implant replacements. They offer the ability to restore a full arch of teeth by only inserting four implants instead of one for each tooth. In addition, they secure the new arch in place so that it does not slide around and does not require additional bonding paste or bonding strips. If you and your dentist have determined you are a good candidate for this procedure, there are a few steps you should follow to prepare for and follow your procedure.
Dr. Hal H. Kimowitz or Dr. Adam Kimowitz will give you detailed instructions on what you can do to prepare for your procedure. You should follow your doctor’s orders specifically so you are ready for treatment. It is important to follow the instructions of your dentist because not doing so could end up delaying your treatment.
Most pre-op instructions will be similar, but be sure to refer to the instructions your doctor gives you. Common pre-op instructions include the following:
- Avoid smoking, tobacco, and alcohol for a few weeks before surgery.
- Fill your prescriptions before the big day.
- Plan ahead for meals and for tidying up your home.
- Arrange for someone to transport you home after your procedure.
Taking care of these items ahead of time will make your treatment go more smoothly. You may also consider asking someone to check in on you regularly in the days following your procedure, especially if you live alone.
Drs. Hal and Adam Kimowitz will have specific post-op care instructions for you after your procedure. Follow the detailed instructions, which can differ for each day after the surgery. Some common requirements include the following:
- Take pain medications only as directed.
- Avoid hot liquids, alcohol, soda, and sucking through a straw.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco use.
- Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth gently as directed.
- Keep your follow-up appointments.
Get More Information Today
By following instructions before and after your procedure, you can increase the success of your Hybridge full arch dental implant treatment. To schedule a consultation or learn more, contact our office today.